[Samba] Windows 2000 + roaming profiles

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Tue Jan 14 14:22:00 GMT 2003

I'm not sure if this is the same problem as you are seeing, but it might be
worth a try.  I have some clients that get an error saying that the roaming
profile could not be found when they attempt to log on.  Usually, it works
on the second try -- just like what you are describing.  We have found that
if the client does not log on immediately when the login screen appears,
they usually don't have the problem.  A delay of 30 seconds or so before
attempting to log in seems to do the trick.   I'm not sure why this is
caused, but I suspect that not all of the relevant services have been
started on the Windows machine with the login screen appears.   It might not
be a permanent fix, but if you delay your login and it clears up your issue,
then we might be closer to knowing what is going on.

Trey Nolen