[Samba] winbind trouble

Antonio Nikolic antonio.nikolic at ibk-consult-gmbh.de
Tue Jan 14 09:56:00 GMT 2003

hello list!

I am using a self compiled samba release 2.2.5 now since the end of
august. It is running with winbind and acl (xfs) options enabled for
about 4 months generally without problems. Usermapping against a W2K ADS is
working perfectly well: Ownerships and ACLs of files and directories created
by users can well be seen on output of ls -l and getfacl.
BUT:
typing "wbinfo -u" and "getent passwd" only gives me about nine users,
where about 30 or 40 users should be shown. I reckon the users shown
are either in Administrator's group or in another system's group - but
I'm not sure about that.
Even restarting or forcing-reload of winbindd
doesn't help. "wbinfo -g" on the other hand outputs what I really
expect! All domaingroups are shown, even the newest ones.
This phaenomenon results for instance in "repquota" not showing all
quotas but only the ones of users owning files AND being shown by "wbinfo
-u" or "getent passwd".
BTW: wbinfo tells that "secret is good" of course.
It all seems quite paradox to me.. Is there a known bug or did I do something
wrong? I don't really want to build a new sambapackage now as there is
no time to do it, things are working (nearly) good now and compiling
would would mean fighting wiht acls and xfs (oh no!) and possibly with
winbind again...

Please CC your awnser to "antonio.nikolic ([AT]) ibk-consult-gmbh.de" as
I'm not yet on the list. Thank you.

Any hint would be helpful,
thxalot

Antonio Nikolic