[Samba] Problem to access sambaserver from another subnet.

Mikko Rautiainen mrautia6 at welho.com
Sat Jan 11 00:50:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have a network that has a  NT4 PDC and 2 NT4 BDC plus one linux samba
server.
Then there is a "VPN"subnet routed over ADSL to the main network.

The problem is that I can't connect to the samba sever from the VPN with
either W98 or W2k

I can log on to the domain, can ping the servers, can see the server in
the network neighbourhood.
But I can't login, it says that wrong password or user name. The samba
server is in security =
domain mode and uses winbind to authenticate from the NT4 PDC. And it
works fine in the
local network.

The network doesn't have a WINS server set up, can that be the problem?
Can it be some kind of NT4 permission srewup?

Thanks
Mikko