[Samba] Domain Users cannot use quickbooks

Steve Thom samba at steventhom.com
Sun Jan 12 21:57:01 GMT 2003

John is correct, particularly in the second point. If you are logging onto a
domain, you delegate security to the domain. On a NT/2000/XP Pro machine,
you need to add the domain user with appropriate rights. This is done in the
user manager in the control panel on the client.

What I wasn't clear on was whether you were using Samba as a domain
controller, or if you added a Samba server to an existing NT or 2000 domain.
If it's the latter, then the above instructions should solve your problem. I
suspect the same is true if you are using Samba as a domain controller, but
I have no experience using Samba as a PDC.

Hope this helps...