[Samba] Re: Removing requirement for local machine accounts

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Thu Jan 9 05:47:00 GMT 2003

Couple of things.

1.  Isn't it true that if you kept your Linux and Samba user accounts in
an LDAP database that this issue would disappear? You could use both the
posixAccount and sambaAccount object classes and the system would check
for a user and viola! There is one already there and it is literally the
same one!  This is something I am currently implementing however I am
having some trouble getting the database structure right.