[Samba] Removing requirement for local machine accounts

Dan Peterson danp at danp.net
Wed Jan 8 15:58:01 GMT 2003

I'm looking for a way to not have to worry about machine accounts on the
server. My organization is looking to move thousands of machines and many
locations to XP and, if possible, we'd like to avoid the headache of
managing more system and samba accounts. Basically, I'd like a way to say "I
don't care who joins my domain, just do whatever is necessary to make them
think they have." I'd be willing to pay for such a feature (please contact
me via email).

It would also be nice if there was a way to alias all the system machine
accounts into one system account (and, for that matter, the samba machine
accounts into one samba account) and have samba do magic to keep what it
needs seperated out somewhere I don't have to worry about (Is this kind of
stuff in secrets.tdb?).

Any help to reach my goal is appreciated. Thanks!

--
Dan Peterson <danp at danp.net> http://danp.net

"A bunch of programs like this adds complexity, which is a security problem
itself."
--Jim Reid, http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=aklouh$8t1$1@isrv4.isc.org