[Samba] Eudora slow moving from samba 1.9.18p10 to latest

Thomas G. Tri, P.E. ttri at skees.com
Wed Jan 8 12:51:01 GMT 2003

         include = /opt/samba/lib/smb.conf.

[home]
         comment = Home Directories
         path = /export/home
         read only = No
         create mask = 0600
         directory mask = 0700
         guest ok = Yes

I had guessed you where running a pop3 daemon of some kind.  I was just
intrigued by your statement 'which pick up their mail boxes from home
directories on Solaris machines using samba shares.' I took that as you
where some how reading the /var/mail mailboxes directly without using pop3
by mounting them thru a share. We actually use a different Solaris box as
our pop3/imap mail server. The above smb.conf is from our file server where
the Eudora mailboxes, address books, etc are kept for each user. I use the
[home] share above instead of the default [homes] so that users can see
other directories in /export/home other than their own. Good Luck.