[Samba] Re: Samba machine trust account setting in FreeBSD

Jeffrey R. Meyer jeffm at andersonlabs.com
Tue Jan 7 14:17:01 GMT 2003

I am assuming that you edited the /etc/passwd file via vi or another text
editor?  If this is the case, appending a $ to the machine account will not
work under FreeBSD.  Instead as root type vipw and then append the $ to the
machine account.  I have done this and it works under FreeBSD.

Jeff Meyer

news:5.0.0.25.0.20030107101241.00b5f9a8 at fgs.org.tw...