[Samba] Samba 2.2.7 with Win2k SP3 with Citrix XP1

Chris Croswhite ccroswhite at get2chip.com
Mon Jan 6 21:41:05 GMT 2003

Peoples,

Have samba 2.2.7 up and running.  Using security = server and smbpasswd
file because I can not get ADS to build on a Slowlaris 8 platform.  I
running into a problem, where by when more than one user (two or more)
attempts to login on the same server, only one connection is established
and the other connections are ignored (eventually  the login process
times out [30 secs] for the ignored connections because it can get to
the profile dir on the samba server).  I  have changed the mapping of
 all users to use a unique mapping for their profiles and home dirs
(each user gets a different alias to the samba machine).  This seems to
have solved the problem.  However, this is a huge amount of work (600
users) and is a BIG HACK.  What is the correct solution to this?

TIA,
Chris