[Samba] Eudora slow moving from samba 1.9.18p10 to latest

Paul Ostro paulo at medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 11:04:01 GMT 2003

We are (only just) upgrading from Samba 1.9.18p10 to the latest 2.2.7a. We
run Eudora 5.1 on our PC clients, which pick up their mail boxes from home
directories on Solaris machines using samba shares. When we install the new
Samba, all our Samba clients slow down incredibly. I suspect here is a
change in the Samba config file requirements between the versions? Has
anyone else already solved this, please?

Thanks,

Paul

Dept. Medical Physics,
UCL Hospitals,