[Samba] Add User Trouble on SMB LDAP PDC 2.2.7-1.1mdk

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Sun Jan 5 04:42:01 GMT 2003

I am having a problem getting the system to automagically add a machine
account to the LDAP database.

add user script = /usr/share/samba/scripts/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -d
/dev/null -g machines -c 'Machine Account' -s /bin/false %u

Now the above works fine from the command line but will not execute from
the server.  When it is added from the command line I can join the
domain with no trouble.  This would seem to indicate that my admin user
group is OK and I've currently go the ADLs cut down to nothing for
testing.  I've tried it with security = user and security = server also.

I guess what I could really us is a test proceedure.  How can I find out
  what is really going on?  I already tried using Ethereal to snif the
packets after turning off ssl but found no clues there.  I also tried
putting in a bash script that only leaves evidence of execution ( like
touch'ing a file or echo'ing something.)  I go no such evidence of
execution.

Help?