[Samba] Roaming profiles problem - loading failure

Peter Polkinghorne pjmp at kingsfords.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 11:13:01 GMT 2003

Apologies for a belated response - the problem went away and I was thus unable
to get more detailed reports.

However we do have a work round that has worked for every isolated case that
has happened since:

On the Windows machine that is being logged into - making sure the user has
logged out - then in C:\Documents and Settings
for user say bloggs renaming the directory there: bloggs.bak as bloggs

... from my colleagues checks with Microsoft this problem affects pure
Microsoft environemnts too.

--
Peter Polkinghorne, IT Manager

This e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and may be
legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee and may not be disclosed to or used
by anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please advise the sender immediately.

KSB Law,
14 Old Square,                  Tel: +44 (0) 20 7447 1200
Lincoln's Inn,                  Fax: +44 (0) 20 7831 2915
London WC2A 3UB                 Web: http://www.ksblaw.co.uk
United Kingdom                  DX 141 LONDON

A list of names of the partners is open to inspection at the above address.