[Samba] Re: more rpcclient weirdness

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Wed Feb 26 17:07:20 GMT 2003

On February 26, waider at waider.ie said:
> rpcclient $> adddriver "Windows NT x86" "HP CLJ 8500 - PCL":NULL:NULL:NULL:NULL:NULL:NULL:NULL
> result was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
> rpcclient $> adddriver "Windows 4.0" "HP CLJ 8500 - PCL":NULL:NULL:NULL:NULL:NULL:NULL:NULL
> Printer Driver HP CLJ 8500 - PCL successfully installed.
> rpcclient $>

Running packet traces on this:
for reasons that are still unclear to me, the NT adddriver command
above gets an "Access Denied" response. Er. I would've thought that
adddriver is just going to update a TDB file somewhere, and nothing
else? Plus, why is there a difference between adding an NT and a
Windows 4.0 driver?

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

Derrick says, "Well, there are altar girls there. But it's a sin to hit on
    jailbait in the house of the Lord."