[Samba] samba as PDC and browsing network problems with Windows 2000 Pro SP3

milend milend at ansco.com
Tue Feb 25 19:51:26 GMT 2003

Hi!,

I have Samba-2.2.2-C1 running on Cobalt cube 3 as PDC.
I have Linux, Win95/98, Win NT,Win2000 Pro SP2, Win2000 Pro Sp3 machines
in the network.
All windows machines joined the domain successfuly and their shared
resources are accesible via the newtwork.
 From Win95/98/NT and Win2000 Pro SP2 machines I can browse the domain
and I see ALL computers
curently logged in.
But I have problems browsing the network with Win 2000 Pro SP3 (I
haven't tried WinXP yet)
The problem is that I get a list only of PCs running Win NT,Win 2000 Pro
SP2 and Linux but not Win95/98.
Even Win 2000 Pro SP2 "does not see"  win95/98, I'm still able to
map a network drive on Win 95/98 using the syntax \\win9XPC\shared_dir.

Does anyone have the same problem?
Is there any solution?

Thank you for the help!
Best regards