[Samba] Win2k and Samba

Al Bean albean84 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 23 04:37:14 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to configure samba (on RH 7.3 with the samba-2.2.3a-6 rpm).
  I am able to connect to the linux box from win2k and I am able to copy
files but it acts really strange.  For example, sometimes after I copy a
file from win2k to linux i get a message that says "path to deep" sometimes
I get a differnt message or it will simply "lock-up" for a little while.

Also, it takes too long to copy files.  The two computers are on the same
4-port switch.

I saw that there was a setting for samba called "large readwrite", I set
this to Yes.  But it did not improve things much.

Is there something else I should try?

Thanks,
Al