[Samba] Win2k and Samba

Kurt Weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Sun Feb 23 08:11:49 GMT 2003

Al Bean schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to configure samba (on RH 7.3 with the samba-2.2.3a-6
> rpm).  I am able to connect to the linux box from win2k and I am able to
> copy files but it acts really strange.  For example, sometimes after I
> copy a file from win2k to linux i get a message that says "path to deep"

"path to deep" we get, when the path ist to deep :-)
e.g. here:
u are using: /usr/local/samba/data/windows/share1/ as path for a share.
windows has:
\\<server>\this\is\a\typical\path\that\seems\to\be\created\by\any\windows\application\or\an\user\with\many\paths\ad\so\on\...
so amba has to create:
/usr/local/samba/data/windows/share1/this/is/a/typical/...
this may be to long...
can u check this?

> sometimes I get a differnt message or it will simply "lock-up" for a
> little while.

we had many situations, in which we got a "lock up" on w2k/98/xp, but
always a different reason.

so please post smb.conf and the relevant parts of the logfile.
if nothing in the log is seen, please increase the loglevel.