[Samba] Win2K/XP, oplocks, and readahead.

bkrusic at yahoo.com bkrusic at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 22:15:19 GMT 2003

> socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
> SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=65536
> SO_SNDBUF=65536

Hi,

First, we are in a similar env.  Second, are yiu using
testparm to see what config Samab is running at?  You
may find more or less tweaking is needed (a delightful
surprise).  Third, what are your xfser times in terms
if say 1GB file size?

I had to force this;
max xmit = 65535

And my settings of special interest are;
SO_RCVBUF = 262144
SO_SNDBUF = 262144

I didn't manipulate the TCP window size studio wide as
I didn't see an increase when done on my test bed PC.
 oplocks are on by def as per testparm outout
(v2.2.7).

Bri-