[Samba] Red Hat 7.1 installation

MarkG markgg at rcn.com
Wed Feb 19 20:23:49 GMT 2003

Rolf Offermanns wrote:

> That should list you all files from the rpm. Now search for the
> smbadduser script. It should be somewhere in the list.
>
> -Rolf

Did it and it's definitely gone.  However, I can get at it through swat.

One more question (I hope).
2 machines (Linux & Win2000)
Win2000 can ftp Linux without any problem
Linux can't ftp Win2000 (connection refused)
Linux can ftp Linux.
Win2000 can't ftp Win2000 (connection refused)
Linux shows up in Win2000 browser but won't connect (\\Linux is not
accessable.  The account is     not authorized to log in from this
station)  The same thing happens when I try to connect to
Linux's IP address.

I am logged into Win2000 with user name Mark.  Mark is in the smb user
file (same password)

Help?