[Samba] log files - slackware

Emil Furniga Emil.Furniga at romtelecom.ro
Wed Feb 19 13:37:55 GMT 2003

 I've got a Slackware 8.1 running.
 I've looked both in /var/log (and subdirs) and in /etc/samba, but there
 is no log file for nmbd, although in /var/log there is a log for smbd.

 on the other hand, I couldn't tell where Samba keeps his log file, nor
 where log's  place is default in Slack's Samba version.

 and yes, I recall a nmbd log in Mandrake
 HTH

RH8.0.