[Samba] pam_winbind.so - How do I create it?

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Feb 17 17:00:59 GMT 2003

Scott, look in the nsswitch subdirectory of your samba source directory and
see if pam_winbind.so is there.  If it is, you just have to copy it to
/lib/secure/ with the other pam libraries.  You'll also need to copy
libnss_winbind.so to your /lib directory and make a softlink to
libnss_winbind.so.2.  None of these steps are done for you by 'make
install'.

If this doesn't help, maybe I've misunderstood your problem.  I think the
reason 'make nsswitch/pam_winbind.so' isn't doing anything is because the
file's already been built, though.  The regular 'make' routine seems to do
this automatically.