[Samba] Adding Printer Drivers from Windows XP

John Mc Quillan john.mcquillan at openjawtech.com
Tue Feb 11 23:05:32 GMT 2003

I am having trouble trying to add printer drivers from Windows XP.

I'm running SAMBA 2.2.7a on SUSE 7.2.

As best I can determine, the problem relates to permissions - Windows
doesn't seem to be able to write the files to the printer driver
directory on the server.

Yet, I can set up an ordinary file share to that same directory and
logged on as the same user, I can read and write the directory.

The relevant sections of the conf file are shown below - note the
'printx' share which was used to test the ability to write to the
relevant directories.

Any ideas?

[global]

            encrypt passwords = Yes