[Samba] Samba getting user info from NT PDC

Simeonidis, Steve SteveSimeonidis at ap.spherion.com
Tue Feb 11 22:46:12 GMT 2003

winbind seems to work OK, the only problem that I had with that was
length of the groups (characters).

eg.

group
DOMAIN+Everyone

Trying to give a linux directory DOMAIN+Everyone rights "ls -l" displays
only
the first 8 characters "DOMAIN+E" of the group, if you have alot of groups
it makes it difficult to
figure out which one is which.
I'm not sure if there is an easy way to fix that.

Thanks

Steve Simeonidis
Network Engineer, Spherion Education
Spherion Group Ltd