[Samba] making a Unix machine "Join the Windows Domain"

Schoep, Grant at STORM GSchoep at storm.l-3com.com
Sat Feb 8 18:59:11 GMT 2003

Ok,
	I'm missing something here. We have a WINS server(actual WIndows NT
machine).

Configured with Domain security. We have a bunch of unix machines here, that
I can connect to fine from my Windows PC. I added another Unix
machine(Solaris 2.8) and am using basically the same smb.conf file.

Now, on our Windows NT server, in "Server manager" I see our other UNIX
machines.

I do NOT see the new machine that I configured Samba on.

I did an add machine, and it added it to the list.

However, when I click on the machine in Windows Server Manger, I get "Access
is Denied".
On the other Solaris machines, that I basically copied the whole
configuration from. I can see info on it.

I can see the new machine in network neighborhood though.

Is there a step I missed? How do I make the new unix machine "Join the
Windows Domain".

Thanks, I'm really not very familier with Windows, but I make may way.
-grant