[Samba] which ACL attributes are supported by Samba?

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Feb 6 13:47:32 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 05:08, Ronan Waide wrote:
> I've tried to determine this empirically, but have run foul of config
> issues that won't be resolved in the immediate future. Basically, I
> know that Samba + ACL + an acl-aware filesystem will allow me to
> assign unix-style permissions to arbitrary groups of people for a
> given file.
you don't need ACL support for unix style permissions
(user, group, world)
ACLs are lists of arbitrary users that have the specified permissions on
the files you choose.

> However, Windows has additional permissions: delete, take
> ownership, and, um, I think possibly one or two more. My question is
> whether these are supported by Samba if I have extended attributes
> switched on (which, as far as I can tell, should allow you to define
> whatever attributes you like for any file)?

I don't use those permissions so i'm not sure that samba supports them
but i think it does...

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>