[Samba] which ACL attributes are supported by Samba?

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Thu Feb 6 10:08:12 GMT 2003

I've tried to determine this empirically, but have run foul of config
issues that won't be resolved in the immediate future. Basically, I
know that Samba + ACL + an acl-aware filesystem will allow me to
assign unix-style permissions to arbitrary groups of people for a
given file. However, Windows has additional permissions: delete, take
ownership, and, um, I think possibly one or two more. My question is
whether these are supported by Samba if I have extended attributes
switched on (which, as far as I can tell, should allow you to define
whatever attributes you like for any file)?

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"There's no place like ~." - Brian P. Casey