[Samba] audit.c

Frank Nørvig frank.norvig at dk.wilsonlog.com
Wed Feb 5 09:44:06 GMT 2003

> > Sounds like that would do the thing. But it is possible to make it log
into
> > anything else but syslog? My syslog is big enough already...
> In your smb.conf [globals]:
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m
> Will create a separate log file for each workstation.

I tried this and it still logs to the syslog. I've looked into the audit.c
and as far as I can see, there is no way around this unless I change most of
the source and recompile it. Further more, it doesn't log usernames.

Can anyone tell me how to catch the username if I wan't to change the
sourcecode of audit.c ?

Frank