[Samba] smb dealing with extended attributes

Eric Chen echen at ateonix.com
Mon Feb 3 20:28:32 GMT 2003

Hi,

Does anyone know if smb 3.0 supports the network file transfer of files with
extended attributes and retains them? I want to do a backup from one server,
SOURCE, to another server, DEST, and I want the extended attributes to be
intact. I have been doing some research on protocols that I can use to do
this file copy, but I have not had any luck. If anyone has any suggestions
or can direct me to some helpful resources, please let me know. I could use
some help on this matter.

Thanks,
Eric
echen at ateonix.com