[Samba] FreeBSD 5.0 + ACLs

Adam Smith adam.smith at sageautomation.com
Sun Feb 2 22:29:19 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I am playing with a test box at the moment running a Samba 2.2.7a domain
on FreeBSD 5.0.  I wish to enable ACLs, but I am not exactly sure what I
am supposed to expect once they are enabled.

I have created a UFS2 partition and enabled ACL support using tunefs.
Since doing that, I have been able to connect to the Samba shares and
modify ACLs, but so far the only things I have been able to accomplish
are changing ownership, and modifying the o/g/u permissions.

As I understand it, because UFS2 supports ACLs, am I not supposed to be
able to create more thorough ACLs (much like NTFS can?)

Have I chosen the correct file-system to do the job?

Regards,

--
Adam Smith
Information Technology Officer