[Samba] printing problem from Windows 98 - samba 3.0.1

rajesh ghanekar rajesh_ghanekar at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 06:15:12 GMT 2003

Hi,

   I have added print$ share so workstation
can download adobeps4.drv and related files directly.
But when i configure printer on Win98 workstation and
go to the properties applet of that printer, i get
rundll32 (msgsrv) error related to adobeps4.drv. The
same thing works perfectly with Win2k/WinXp clients
with cupsdrvr.dll and stuff. I have added _all_ driver
files through cupsaddsmb which copies all the files to
print$ share for Win2k/XP and Win98/ME.

- Rajesh