[Samba] Winbind problem related with old libnss_winbind.so and pam_winbind.so version.

Fermín Galán Márquez fermin.galan at agora-2000.com
Tue Dec 30 17:40:33 GMT 2003

Hello,

In my log.winbind I'm getting several messages like this one:

[2003/12/30 18:19:00, 0] nsswitch/winbindd.c:process_loop(725)
  process_loop: Invalid request size from pid 12913: 1304 bytes sent, should
be 1568
  This usually means that you are running old wbinfo, pam_winbind or
libnss_winbind clients

I suppose that the problem may be cause by old version of pam_winbind and
libnss_winbind libraries. In fact, my /lib/libnss_winbind.so and
/lib/security/pam_winbind.so are those that come with RPM
samba-client-2.2.7a-58 (I'm using Samba 3.0.1.rc1).

Which programs/processes may be using these libraries? Should I update these
libraries to recent ones? How? I don't know whether they come with the samba
sources .tgz (somebody could clarify this point?), but the conventional
compilation processes (configure + make + make installbin) seems not to
compile nor install any library.

My system is GNU/Linux SuSE 8.2 with kernel 2.4.20-4GB.

Thanks in advance!

------
Fermín