[Samba] Creation of Domain- and PDC-SID in samba

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Sun Dec 28 16:00:13 GMT 2003

hi

just a question to understand

we have a NT PDC and i successfully transfered it's data to samba 3.0
because we're cautious i let the NT PDC "online" (domain=evan) and
introduced samba with the same date in a new domain (domain=testevan)
for testing purposes

to get rid of conflicts i had to change the SID of the samba server,
because my knowledge tells me: "a sid hast to be unique in a network"

so i changed the sid to a value different from the evan-sid
okay...still, everything is working fine

but: isn't there a tool, which creates a unique sid for my new
(test)domain like sidchanger for NT?
because i can't be sure that the sid i entered for the new domain
"testevan" is unique

plz help
thx
micha