[Samba] ADS and Winbind ... Can't access with Samba host name ...

Fernando Ruza fernandor at sescam.jccm.es
Fri Dec 26 09:10:32 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 09:12, C.Lee Taylor wrote:
> 	Samba 3.0.1 as a domain member of Win2K3 AD, I have had problems, which
> I have not been able to fix, so I am staying with Samba 3.0.1 as PDC.
>
> 	Samba 3.0.0 as a domain member of Win2K3 AD, works fine, but I need the
> other fixes that have gone into Samba 3.0.1, so Samba 3.0.0 is still on
> my testing system until I can find the problem with Samba 3.0.1 or the
> next upgrade ...

I completely agree. I'm setting up a production machine as a file server
and for the moment I'm going to set it up as a security=DOMAIN which is
totaly valid for me. However, in a test machine I will follow testing AD
domain member of Win2K and wait for the following release to see if it
works.

Thanks,

Fernando.