[Samba] Understanding NT Groups and UNIX Permissions with Samba Shares

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Dec 23 16:58:41 GMT 2003

Mark,

Did you edit /etc/nsswitch.conf so that your have the following:

Original:

passwd: compat
shadow: compat
group: compat

Edited:

passwd: compat winbind
shadow: compat winbind
group:  compat winbind

If you have, then try:

	getent passwd
	getend group

If all is working correctly you should see a listing of your Domain users
and groups.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra