[Samba] Re: Trying to use LDAP: Failed to bind to server: InvalidCredentials

Jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 10:21:44 GMT 2003

<johnmurphy at ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:20031223093803.DVTJ19387.mta05-svc.ntlworld.com@[10.137.100.72]...
I'm using RedHat 9 and Samba 3.01rc2. I'm working through the Samba Howto on
LDAP but I've no experience of LDAP and I'm struggling to understand what is
needed.

I would suggest you spend some time learning LDAP before trying to combine
it with Samba.  LDAP has its own learning curve.

You could try setting up a simple address book with LDAP so that you can
learn how it works.

I don't think you will be able to trouble shoot problems even if you
successfully set up Samba with LDAP now.