[Samba] ADS and Winbind ... Can't access with Samba host name ...

Fernando Ruza fernandor at sescam.jccm.es
Tue Dec 23 11:19:23 GMT 2003

Still with the problem. I have tested with the version 3.0.0 and right,
I can see the shares however cannot connect to the home shares or shares
with valid users option in smb.conf. Besides this version cannot
substitute correctly the %D %u %U %S variables. I have written them in
the comment option of a share and I can see that the values are not
correct. %D gives me the samba hostname, %S gives me "IPC_"

Trying with version 3.0.1 cannot see no shares.

Trying with version 3.0.1rc2, it's the same like 3.0.0, but it seems
that some variables are correct like %u but %U is empty. I don't know is
very strange. It worked once with this version after I changed the
password for the Administrator of my PDC/KDC and the user I use to test
the shares however in the next reboot of the WinXP client machine it
already doesn't work again.

I think that doing samba 3 be a member of AD is not working properly.
Does anyone got it ?? Could make a howto ?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando.