[Samba] More samba 3.0.1 issues (System error 317 connecting to member server)

Matthew Schumacher schu at design-pt.com
Mon Dec 22 03:33:39 GMT 2003

There has already been some talk about problems logging onto the domain
with samba 3.0.1 so this may be related, but I'm not sure.

When using samba 3.0.1 as a pdc with a windows 2000 server logged onto
the domain connections to shares on that server fail with "System error
317 has occurred, The system cannot find message text for message number
0x in the message file for \\server\share".

I didn't see anything helpful in the logs, but I do know that backing up
to version 3.0.0 resolves this problem.

Thanks,

schu