[Samba] Transfering Machine Accounts / MACHINE.SID

Kevin Fries kevin-nntp at hcico.com
Fri Dec 19 18:28:04 GMT 2003

I have a Samba 2.2.7 PDC, and I am now trying to set up a new 3.0.1 server.
I want this machine to act as a BDC initially and replicate all the
accounts over.  When I followed the howto it said to use smbpasswd -S to
transfer the machine SID and then to replicate the smbpasswd file to the
new server.  This has caused two major problems:

  1) the smbpasswd command does not support the -S option

  2) My user accounts transfered to the new machine, but not the machine
     trust accounts.

Anyone know how I can fix these two issues?

Thx
Kevin Fries