[Samba] Re: samba Digest, Vol 12, Issue 25

amrito amrito at zv.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 19 13:28:45 GMT 2003

"C.Lee Taylor" wrote:
> Greetings ...
Hallo again.

> > I just scanned several lists and HOWTOs for the problem
> > with "valid users = %S" in 3.0.1
>         I know this works, I have tested ... ;-)
I *do* beleive you ;-)

> > where he suggests to use 'valid users = %D+%S' instead,
> > but this doesn't work, either.
>         Okay, I think this has to do with winbind, is so the '+' needs to be your
> "winbind separator", in my case or using the default '\', which let me work ...

Sorry, but I can't convince it to accept this.
(I tried
   valid users = %D\%S		#I think this could not work, as \ means line continues?
   valid users = %D\\%S
   valid users = %D'\'%S
)

Is there a way to find out what smbd expects/accepts to see for a 'valid user'?

And where can I get infos about this 'winbind' thing?
(I don't have a clue)

Thanks and regards
---
amrito