[Samba] enabling remote desktop

James Harper JamesH at sbss.com.au
Fri Dec 19 03:24:47 GMT 2003

Me too!!!

I've never done this before, but this might be worth a try if nothing
else works:

1. run gpedit.msc on an xp machine and find the policy you want to
enable.
2. search for that policy in the .adm files (c:\windows\inf\*.adm) to
find out the registry setting that should be set. They are just text
files.
3. get a machine with the policy set how you want it and export that
registry entry to a file in your netlogon share
4. in your startup script, import that file into the registry. Not sure
how to do that 'silently' but there is probably a way.
5. enjoy

There may be a problem with persistence though, something else may
override your registry entries. If this is true and you also have to
reboot for the registry entries to take effect, then it won't work.

If you find a better way then please share it as I'd like a tidy
solution too.

Hth.

James

Gaffney