[Samba] LARGE FILE PROBLEMS

Hugues Metayer hugues.metayer at securinfor.fr
Thu Dec 18 13:38:22 GMT 2003

Hi

I have a pb with large file on a RedHat 9/Reiseifs/Samba 3.0.1 server
My linux server will be use for backup Oracle databases.
There is files of 4 Gb but, when I connect to the Oracle 9i server
I see files of 16 E.
I have search in thousand threads in the forum, but it's still very
confusing for me.

- when doing ./configure samba indicate check for LFS -- yes
- I connect to the win2k Oracle server with     mount -t smbfs -o
username=xxxxxx //pluton/9I /bidon
where /bidon is a 100 Gb reiserfs partition (I generated 10Gb file with
dd on this partition with no problem).

------>>>>>     Can someone post here a really clear (ultimate?) HowTo
for configuring (patching ?) LFS.      <<<<<----------
I saw a lot of messages requesting help on this subject, with no really
workable response (for me), perhaps a samba team developper can drop
some words here about this recurent demand.

Thanks for any help