[Samba] Samba doesn't appear in browse list

Darell Tan darell at mailandnews.com
Thu Dec 18 12:33:13 GMT 2003

Hi guys,

It seems that after I have upgraded to Samba 3.0.1, the Samba server no longer appears in the browse list. The browse list is maintained by the local nmbd (the log messages confirm this).

My configuration is pretty much the same as the standard config that ships with Samba with additions of my shares.

This problem does not occur with versions prior to Samba 3.0.1. I have used 3.0.1-pre1 and 3.0.0 and they have no problem.

I have tried setting "lm announce" to yes instead of auto and that doesn't change anything.

Is there something wrong with 3.0.1 or a configuration change that I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm not subscribed to the list.

Regards,
Dsrell