[Samba] Winbind-Cyrus-Outlook

Tim Branson tbranson at LeeCompany.com
Wed Dec 17 18:00:09 GMT 2003

I have been using Winbind for some time.  We are now looking to use IMAP to
replace Exchange.  Currently we have configured Winbind to join our domain.
Shares work fine and the ability to assign rights from the command line work
fine for domain users is fine.

The problem is that when outlook sends the user name and password to Winbind
and PAM it bails out.  When I see the users in Linux they are listed as
DOMAIN+username.  When Outlook passes the name and password it sends it as
domain+username.  How can I get Winbind to pass the proper case.  It's a
sure thing that Micro$oft won't provide me a fix.  Has anyone else run into
this?

Regards.

Tim