[Samba] combining local users or smbpasswd users and NTDOMAIN usersin LDAP

Russell Lavoie rlavoie at ncaustin.com
Wed Dec 17 15:48:26 GMT 2003

Lets see.  So are you going to  be getting rid of the NT Domain?  If
not, why not just setup LDAP authentication on the linux box through PAM
with the help of a few other modules.  It creates a local account based
on the authentication success.  Works great for me.  This also promotes
centralized user administration.  Is that what you are going after?  If
not, I apologize for giving you the wrong info.  Please clarify if I am
wrong here.

Thanks

Russ