[Samba] Printer prints, but reports opening

R. Exterkate H.J.A.Exterkate at azu.nl
Wed Dec 17 15:47:47 GMT 2003

Thanks for the quick respons

Jason Balicki wrote:

>>what  can be the cause?
>>

>I've had this before.  It's usually one of or a combination of:
>
>1) not having a machine account

This all set, machine accounts for all systems

>>parts of the smb.conf:
>>==============
>>[global]
>>                printcap name = lpstat
>>

>You say you're using cups, but your printcap is lpstat.  I'm not
>an expert, but I'm using cups and my printcap name is set to cups.

I will try, but in several documents about priting in samba, you see one
of both versions

>>[printers]
>>       comment = All Printers
>>       path = /tmp
>>       create mask = 0700
>>       printable = Yes
>>       browseable = No
>>

>Add "use client driver = yes" and "guest ok=no" here.

OK

>>[copier_E0]
>>       comment = Xerox copier E0
>>       path = /tmp
>>       read only = No
>>       guest ok = Yes
>>       printable = Yes
>>       print command = lp -d '%p' -o raw %s
>>       lpq command = lpstat -a %p
>>       lprm command = cancel '%p'-%j
>>       printer name = lpe0xerox
>>       use client driver = Yes
>>       oplocks = No
>>

>I don't understand why you need this.  If this printer
>is defined in cups, it should be loaded already.  That's
>what the all printers share is for.  Do you have a
>
>"load printers = yes"
>
>in your global?  If not, add it.  Unless you've got weird
>requirements, this section is redundant and unnecessary.

The [copier_E0] section is because I don't want to advertise all
printers in the CUPS system. Therefore I make all printers in theri own
section available

Ric

--
Ric Exterkate, Department of Radiotherapy, University Medical Center Utrecht,
    Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands