[Samba] smb_proc_readdir Problem

Russell Lavoie rlavoie at ncaustin.com
Tue Dec 16 22:49:18 GMT 2003

When I mount a smb share that is located on a Win2k machine I get the
following error when I try to browse the directory.
smb_proc_readdir_long: name=, result=-2, rcls=1, err=123
I assume this is talking about the long filenames that are in the
directory I am trying to browse.  I have to type ls or ll multiple times
before I get a listing and then the listing isn't all there either.

I am running Red Hat 8.0 Kernel 2.4.18, samba 2.2.5

I have read about patches to fix this, but I cannot locate the patches.

Can I get some help?

Thanks

Russ