[Samba] SAMBA 3.0.1 : Failed to verify incoming ticket!

James R. Trater jamest at anl.gov
Tue Dec 16 16:05:43 GMT 2003

Hello,

       This morning I upgraded two machines to samba 3.0.1 (from version
3.0.0). One machine is a member of our production Windows 2000 Active
Directory. The other is a member of our test Windows 2003 Active
Directory. I made no changes to the smb.conf file after doing the
upgrade. However, after doing the upgrade clients are asked for a
username/password when connecting and I am seeing this in my logs:

[2003/12/16 09:50:24, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(172)
  Failed to verify incoming ticket!

This happens on both machines. The test network machine has SAMBA
compiled against MIT-kerberos 1.3.1 . The production machine uses SAMBA
compiled against MIT-Kerbeors 1.2.7 . Any help would be appreciated.