[Samba] Re: Group mapping problem

Jérôme Fenal jerome.fenal at logicacmg.com
Tue Dec 16 14:04:52 GMT 2003

Gonzalo Aguilera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using tdb and Samba 3.0.0
>
> in /etc/group I have
>
>     domadm:x:502:yo,tu
>
> net groupmap
>
>     Domain Admins (S-1-5-21-1113206677-1823813211-1234567-512) -> domadm

[snip]

>  root directory = administrator
Do you really need this one ?
Maybe it wont't find the administrator file system directory, and thus,
won't find either the /etc/passwd and /etc/group ?

I also know of some problem with the secondary group specified in the
valid users clause. But I encountered it only with W98 clients. Please
see test 3. below to confirm bug with W2K client (samba bug 882).

Could you :
1. Try to use last version of Samba (3.0.1)
2. If 3.0.1 doesn't work, set the primary group of the user to 'Domain
Admins' and retry
3. Provide a 'log level=10' log of only the access to the share (ie. >
logfile before access, access it, cp logfile logfile.archive)

2. and 3. done with 3.0.1 if possible.
Please also specify the OS Samba's running on.

Regards,

Jêrôme

It also seems