[Samba] Patch to Samba 3.0.1?

Ganguly, Sapan Sapan.Ganguly at thalesgroup.com
Tue Dec 16 10:19:46 GMT 2003

Dear list,

Is it sufficient to patch my 3.0.0 install to 3.0.1 on my Solaris 9 machine?
Or do I have to recompile the whole lot from scratch?  Does the new version
put all the files in the right places, e.g. pam_winbind.so and
libnss_winbind.so? (I think the HOWTO still says you have to copy these to
the right places and make links if you want to use winbind)

I'm just wondering whether it would be worth my while upgrading as the only
problem I have right now is that I cannot make PAM let me log in as an NT
user and create home directories on the fly.

Thanks,
Sapan