[Samba] Re: Samba-3.0 groupmapping problem

Jérôme Fenal jerome.fenal at logicacmg.com
Tue Dec 16 08:58:05 GMT 2003

vtux at free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm newbie with Samba.
> I'm using Samba-3.0 directly installed with Fedora core.
> I've made a PDC linux server with Samba-3.0, openldap-2.1.22 with pam_ldap
>
> everything seems to be good but not with net groupmap.
> when using command: "net groupmap list" I have the following error :
>
> [2003/12/15 17:52:15, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_setsamgrent(2048)
>   ldapsam_setsamgrent: LDAP search failed: No such object
> [2003/12/15 17:52:15, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_enum_group_mapping(2113)
>   ldapsam_enum_group_mapping: Unable to open passdb
>
> bye the way it's also impossible to run command : net groupmap add
> ntgroup="Domain Users" Unixgroup="domuser" rid=513 the error is :
>
> passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_search_one_group(1612)
>   ldapsam_search_one_group: Problem during the LDAP search: LDAP error:  (No
> such object)ldapsam_search_one_group: Problem during the LDAP search: LDAP
> error: (No such object)
>
> I've a dn: cn="Domain Users" in my ldif file and a manually group created
> domuser in my /etc/group

You must have the posixAccount LDAP definition in the LDAP directory.
Having it /etc/group won't help at all... That's why you have a «No such
object» error in Samba logs.

> Do I need to re-compile samba with particular options to use net groupmap
> command. Do I need to declare windbind in my smb.conf ? Is there something wrong
> in my ldap files, I really don't know how to correct this problem

No, just use the following definition for your group :

dn: cn=domusers, ou=Group, dc=bpinet,dc=com
cn: domusers
gidNumber: 513
displayName: Domain Users
memberUid: firstmember
memberUid: secondmember
objectClass: posixGroup

Replicate this one to cover all other domain groups.
Don't forget to modify the « ou=Group » according to your local
configuration.

> If someone got any idea it would be wonderful

Here it is.

Cdt,

Jérôme

--
Jérôme Fenal - Consultant Unix/SAN/Logiciel Libre
Groupe Expert & Managed Services - LogicaCMG France