[Samba] net rpc vampire problems

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Tue Dec 16 00:50:02 GMT 2003

Yeri Swamy wrote:

> Looks like you don;t have group maps done
>
> So execute followinf script for group mapping then do vampire...
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #### Keep this as a shell script for future re-use
>

> # First assign well known groups
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Account Operators" unixgroup=root
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Administrators" unixgroup=root
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Backup Operators" unixgroup=bin
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=ntadmins
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Guests" unixgroup=nobody
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=users
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Guests" unixgroup=nobody
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Power Users" unixgroup=sys
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Print Operators" unixgroup=lp
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Replicators" unixgroup=daemon
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="System Operators" unixgroup=sys
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Users" unixgroup=users

It doesn't make any difference if I run the above script or not. The
creation of the machine trust account still fails. Interestingly, if I
run manually:

useradd DKASAK$

I get the error:

useradd: invalid user name 'DKASAK$'

But if I user lowercase, it works. I wasn't aware of a restriction on
creating uppercase usernames. Is this supposed to happen?
Anyone else know why my machine accounts aren't getting migrated?
Pretty please?

Dan

--
Daniel Kasak